"I won't allow even a single insect to swarm on my brother!" Those were her exact words, as pointed as every other sentence that came from her mouth. To think that I would be subservient to a...a person like that is almost laughable when I remind myself of it, but depressing at the same time. Since the first time I met Nanami-sama, at Ohtori Academy's Junior High entrance ceremony, she has been terribly territorial of her older brother, Touga-sama. He's very kind, though I suppose it comes naturally for him with a bad tempered sister like that. I...I have always admired Touga-sama from the bottom of my heart, along with practically every other girl in the academy. Ah yes, the noble red rose. Proud with its deep scarlet petals in full bloom, it can't help but attract the many garden insects with its beauty. And I am just another of the aphids crowding around him. In that sense, I seem to be on equal ground with Nanami-sama. She's just as pathetic as I am in her desperate pleas for attention. Social classes and our ages aren't the only barriers standing between a never-would-be romance, though. Somehow I get the feeling he's different from me, special. Often times, I've heard him speaking with someone on his ever-present cell phone. Now I can't be sure since I was only witness to half of the conversation, but apparently the matter concerned some unknown entity called "Ends of the World". It was an unsettling experience, but I still remain unsure as to why. Nanami-sama's the same way, too, which is why I continue to serve her. I keep hoping, wishing, dreaming that I'll be special as well. Unfortunately, the only one who can approach the prince is the princess from the wonder world. I am not that princess, nor can I ever be her. A girl who cannot become a princess has no choice but to become a witch. I remember a phrase that Himemiya Anthy, an upperclassman whom I was often ordered to slap at Nanami-sama's request, once said: "For someone you love, your feelings for any other people become insignificant. You can deceive yourself as much as you need." At first, I logically assumed she was referring to herself. There were some rather lurid rumors about Himemiya-sempai and the Deputy Trustee Chairman circulating at the time. Anyway, the important thing is that she was right. It seems to be my motto these days. Still, I swear I won't lose hope. No matter how unrequited this love may be, I'll take a deep breath and live for each moment, insignificant as it will be. The sky above me enfolds my heart.